Thursday, July 28, 2011

December 2001

Travel Stories 10/12/01

Well nearly three months into my overseas travels I've seen so much and yet I've now got a taste for so much more I want to see. Many of you will know I set out on my adventures after winning a trip to Spain through the discovery channel. This meant I was lucky enough to return to Europe only 18 months after my last visit. This time however I was in search of greater challenges and the opportunity to visit some places I have in the longed to go to for some time.After begginning my trip in Greece in Athens and meeting up with a friend from my previous work at St.George Bank, my friend Darren and I caught ferries and enjoyed the sights and delights of the Greek Islands (Paros, Ios & Santorini) for a week and a half. Following this I left on my own to travel over sea and then land from Turkey via Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Austria and then into Germany where I stayed for another week. In this time I rode donkeys, went caving, went to the symphony, saw many a market, visited castles, museums and got around on dolmuses, trains, buses, trams, planes, funiculars, boats and also did a bit of hitchhiking in between. I then flew to Spain where once again I caught up with Darren and my other best friends Arri and Tim Kemp-Bishop, and we enjoyed 9 days of Spainish culture. Tapas, Cervances and Sangria flowed freely before we all returned to the UK to continue our journeys. I had planned to stay and work in the UK for a while and now a month down the track I have been lucky enough to continue my travel journey as I am soon off to Scotland to work. So stay tuned for more travel tales from Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment