Thursday, July 28, 2011

March 2002

Travel Stories 6/3/02

Well here I am one month down the track from my whirlwind trip Down Under for the wedding and I'm glad to say all went well and we welcomed a new Mrs.Butterfield into the family with open arms. The trip did take its toll on me as I have been quite sick whilst in Australia and on my return however it hasn't stopped me from having fun. I've been walking and bike riding Loch Eilien, Loch Morlich, Glen Einich and all of the local parks around Aviemore, as well as skiing and snowboarding on Cairngorm when I get the chance. Today I'm with mates up in Inverness for the day as we have the day off because the winds up the mountain are quite bad. Well some of you may have even seen me on the news because Aviemore was home to the Olympic Skiing bronze medalist Alain Baxter who subsequently is now being investigated for a positive drugs sample. Well we threw Alain a massive party on his return to town and everyone was on the news and in the papers celebrating, it was great to see some life back in the town. Well as you can tell I've now settled into the Scotish lifestyle and even have my own place. Anyone interested drop me a line and I'll give you the address. Its a nice little two bedroom flat in Aviemore that I'm sharing with a South African guy I met in the youth hostel. I have also been picking up the lingo from one of my scottish (well she's actually part english part honorary australian) friends and now I'm saying wee this and wee that, and aye and nae this and nae that, so if I slip away from my good old fashioned aussie dinky di fair dinkum slang tongue please forgive me.I'm also working a part time job in a nightclub which is quite interesting. I seem to get sick from the smoke but have fun watching my mates get drunk and run amuk whilst I'm trying to find my way around the wrong side of the bar. I'm also going for a proper job in Marketing up the hill so I'll keep you posted how that goes. Well folks thats about all the news so far. Head down, bum up or something like that. Hope to hear from you all soon and all the best to everyone. If your in the Scotland/UK area just stop by. I'll update my adventures again in a month or so.

Stue

No comments:

Post a Comment