Thursday, July 28, 2011

May 2002

Travel Stories 8/5/02

Howdy from Haggisland everyone. Yes apologies for being out of touch for a while but I've been quite busy working and seeing Scotland. Good to hear your all still well and everyone is keeping out of trouble. I'm at work right now 15mins before the shop opens so I'd better be quick. Still working up at Cairngorm and we are now in full summer mode so lots of oldies or coffin dodgers as we call them wandering around wanting to buy postcards. The pay is not great and its tempting to go back to London and get some proper work but I've got a good place where I live and Aviemore is quite a beautiful spot with lots of things to do. Also I can save what little pounds I am earning as we get free food (just about) and free transport (lifts or hitching ) so my expenses are minimal. Well I can say I've been out and about the last few weekends I get off. Firstly I went over to the Isle of Skye for a camping weekend which was quite good. Amazing scenery on the way over there but the island itself wasn't everything I thought it would be. Then last weekend I borrowed a friends car and went and stayed in a castle up at a place called culrain about an hour north of inverness. It was a beautiful castle that was donated to the youth hostel association in 1945 and I had a great time exploring and watching out for ghosts as I was supposedly staying in the most haunted room. I then followed the tourist trail north and then back down south to meet up with some friends down near loch ness. No sightings I'm afraid! For those of you that know Kelly I caught up with her at her workplace at Glengarry Castle where we sat in the library and had high tea. I'm hoping to get the photo posted onto my website when I can figure out how to scan so you can all have a wee looksee. After that I stayed the night with another friend up at a little village called Cannich near drumnadrochit. Tim this place very much reminded me of that place in Tassie where Robs sisters restaurant is! We then got a flat tyre on the way home the next morning from Inverness in the pouring rain which was a load of fun. What is it with Scotland and flat tyres hey dad! Anyway no problems apart from finding the tyre on the French Citroen car! Under the car go figure! I was hoping to get down to Edinburgh sometime soon as there is a Star Wars exhibition on and I'd like to see it when the new movie comes out next week over hear. Maybe next weekend or maybe go to Ireland as there's return fares from Edinburgh with Easyjet for 짙8. Well thats about it from me, it'd be great to see anyone coming up to
Scotland (Si and Jack, thats you) I've got plenty of room to stay. All the
best.
Stue
PS. Go the demons....

No comments:

Post a Comment