Thursday, July 28, 2011

January 2002

Travel Stories 26/01/02

Australia Day Yeh! Well I didn't think I would have an Australia Day this year like most other years when I worked because I am supposed to be in the air now on a flight to Australia. I'm going back home for a week to see my brothers wedding before coming back to continue my overseas adventures. I left Aviemore yesterday but when we got to Inverness the airport was closed due to the heavy snowfalls (yeh first for a couple of weeks now!) and so I've delayed my flight 24 hours and taken an overland coach overnight to London so I can fly home. Unfortunately with no flights and the trains on strike it makes travelling extensively in snow conditions a little treacherous but luckily there was one open road out of scotland last night so will be on my way to Australia this evening. Hello to all you Aussies and honorary Aussies reading this I hope you all had a great oz day. Log on and tell me what you were up to. Well one month into life in Aviemore Scotland and its been a crazy but fun month. I still don't have a permanent place to stay but have met some amazing and great people who get me into all sorts of mischeif. The snow conditions started off great around Xmas and NYE and there was plenty of work and lots of tourists but it has dropped off in January, but with the recent dump of the last few days things are looking up. I love the work its a lot of fun and we have a great bunch of guys (Aussies, French, Scots, Kiwi's, Brits and a Canadian - don't call him american) who work up the mountain and we love to joke around and chat to the punters (customers). Looks like we'll be there at least until march/april is the snow sticks around but I would like to stick around a bit longer if possible. Over Xmas/ NYE I got to catch up with friends from travelling and friends and relatives from home and I hope to post some stories and pictures of their adventures just around the corner. Once again G'day to everyone reading this update for the first time and drop me a line because I'd love to hear from you.

All the best and I'll speak to you all soon

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment